Wizkidayo popularly addressed as Starboy continues to impress and make history as he became the first Nigerian artist to bag the ‘‘Ashfield & Simpsons songwriter award’’; at the just concluded 2019 BET soul train awards with his epic performance to the song ‘‘BROWN SKIN GIRL’’.
Earlier in the year, Wizkid performed alongside Beyoncé Knowles – Carter to make ‘‘BROWN SKIN GIRL’’ for a remake to Disney’s Lion King.
After the release, it made waves across all social media platforms and immediately landed at number 74 position on the Billboard Hot 100.
After Wizkid’s first video to Hola at your boy in 2011, he rose to stardom and has achieved a lot over a short period of time.
Some of his feat before 2019 BET AWARDS includes becoming;
- The first artiste to win an ASCAP award.
- The first African artist that performed 5 times at 02 Arena.
- The youngest African artist to receive a Grammy nomination.
- The first African artist to sell-out Royal Albert Hall.
- The artiste with the most award nomination in Nigeria
- The first African to secure 7 Billboard nominations.
- World’s first artiste to have a soccer jersey line.
- First African artiste to attain one million followers on twitter
- The only African artiste with the most Spotify monthly listeners.
- First Nigerian artiste on Guinness Book of Records
- First African to sell out 20,000 capacity 02 Arena, skyway theatre, Dubai city festival Arena, Barclays Center.
- The highest-grossing African album on Spotify (sounds from the other side)
- The bestselling African album on iTunes (Ayo)
- Three American music awards Nod.
- 2 Billboard Hot 100 Entry.
- Billboard 200 Entry.
- First African to model for D&G.
- He also won a MOBO International award (Best international Artiste)
This and many more that he has accomplished.
Also, check out SLASHER BLESSINGS
Consistency and hard work in all you do pays; keep on pushing and do not relent.
You would also love to know about the Best to worst dressed to the 2019 BET AWARDS Here.